This script can easily add multiple event handlers to an object, in all common browsers. It also stops MSIE leaking memory and passes the correct event object to handler functions, amongst many other features.
- Automatic detection of DOM2 Event Model and usage of addEventListener() where this is supported.
- Cross-browser compatible, including all modern browsers back to IE/Mac, IE4/Win and even NS4, which are supported by few other event manager scripts.
- Attach multiple event handlers to one event.
- Can remove any events assigned by the script.
- Avoids IE memory leaks to keep your web page or application snappy.
- Passes correct 'event' object to all called functions, negating the need to test for window.event in handler functions.
- 'this' keyword correctly implemented as functions are run as methods of the object to which they are attached.
- Disallows duplicate handlers (like the DOM2 event model), while allowing identical methods of non-identical objects.
- Manages returned values and automatically executes a 'return false' if any called functions for one event return false.
- Backs up previous events assigned by other event manager scripts, for excellent "unobtrusive" interoperation.
- Can be backed up itself by other well-written event manager scripts.
- Cancel event default actions and/or bubbling with an optional cancellation function.
- TINY code size: 649 bytes for the entire script (when compacted), plus some optional extras.
AddEvent Manager is a Freeware. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Freeware mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using AddEvent Manager, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
AddEvent Manager comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.