FamousWhy Editor: CoolBook is a tool for examining the voltage, frequency and temperature of the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo mobile processors.
You can use CoolBook only to display the values of the default Apple driver, and the temperature. Or you may use the custom settings using the CoolBook driver to reduce heat, noise, and extend your battery life.
CoolBook also offers the ability to run the MacBook and MacBook Pro computers at full frequency with the battery removed.
The Apple default behavior is to underclock the CPU to the lowest frequency.
When setting a frequency or voltage you must be careful not to run the computer fixed at the highest frequency using the default voltage. Also, setting a too low voltage will result in a kernel panic.
If you are unfortunately to save an unstable voltage so the computer crashes during boot, you have to boot with safe mode (hold down shift at start). When OS X has loaded change the settings, or use the uninstall function.
Descriptions for controls and settings
- Adapter / Battery - selects the power source for which to add the values to.
- Updates - the number of times per second the information gets updated.
- CPU load - "simulates" multithreaded CPU load.
- Add - adds the values selected by the popup menus.
- Default - adds the default values used by Apple, to the active tab.
- Clear - empty the currently selected tab, "Adapter" or "Battery".
- Set - activate the frequency and voltage selected by the popup menus.
- CoolBook active
- Throttling active - uncheck this box to experiment with different CPU frequencies / voltages.
- Throttling level - selects how aggressively the frequency ramps up during increased CPU load.
- Temp limit
- B/2 - Check this box to use the frequencies with half bus speed.
1. Uninstall any previous versions of CoolBook 1.x, and reboot.
2. Copy the CoolBookController application to a directory of choice.
3. Start CoolBookController.
4. Follow the instructions.
You must uninstall CoolBook before deleting the application, otherwise no stepping driver will be active.
Never use any third party uninstall applications with CoolBook.
1. Choose the CoolBookController->Preferences menu.
2. Push the "Uninstall" button.
3.Restart if you are asked to.
4.Drag the CoolBookController application to the trash can.
5. Empty the trash.
CoolBook 2.18 works with OS X10.4, 10.5, 10.6 and the following machines:
- MacBook (white/black/Unibody)
- MacBook Pro (Core2Duo models)
- Intel MacMini
- MacBook Air (1/2)
Why is CoolBook famous?
CoolBook is famous because it's easy to use and incredibly useful. It allows you to monitor CPU frequency, voltage and temperature of your Mac.
CoolBook 2.22 is a Shareware. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Shareware mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using CoolBook 2.22, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
CoolBook 2.22 comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.