FamousWhy Editor: CoolTerm is a terminal for communication with hardware connected to serial ports. Unlike so many other similar applications, CoolTerm is designed to be easy to use and flexible. Basically everyone can install and use CoolTerm without any problems. No special technical knowledge is required. CoolTerm is a great application created for those that are in need to exchange data with hardware connected to serial ports (for example robotic kits, servo controllers, GPS receivers, microcontrollers and more).
CoolTerm comes with some interesting and useful features. Let’s talk about some of these features:
- Capability of multiple concurrent connections if multiple serial ports are available.
- Display of received data in textual or hexadecimal format.
- Sending data via keypresses as well as a "Send String" dialog that supports data entry in textual or hexadecimal format.
- Sending data via pasting of text into the terminal window.
- Capability of recording received data to text files.
- Local echoing of transmitted data.
- Local echoing of received data (loop back to sender).
- Hardware (CTS, DTR) and software flow control (XON).
- Visual line status indicators.
- Capability of manually toggling RTS and DTR signals when hardware flow control is disabled.
- Capability of loading and saving connection options.
Personally, I don't have a large experience in working with this kind of applications and with hardware and serial ports in particular but I did found CoolTerm extremely easy to use and understand. I was able to do some connections relatively easily and I was satisfied with the results. From my point of view, CoolTerm is a great and useful application.
Why is CoolTerm famous?
CoolTerm is famous because it can offer something extremely important: simplicity. That aspect is essential, especially for new users. It is really important to have a software with which you can set up the connection between your hardware and serial ports without being forced to ask help to professionals.
CoolTerm 1.4.2 Build 201 is a Freeware. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Freeware mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using CoolTerm 1.4.2 Build 201, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
CoolTerm 1.4.2 Build 201 comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.