HP Compaq Business Desktop 786E4 BIOS 1.12 Rev.A Details
This package contains utilities that can be used to restore or update the system BIOS on the supported desktop models with a 786E4 BIOS.
Several methods for changing the BIOS version may be chosen. Included in this package are the following methods:
- Use the DOS utility with a preboot execution environment (PXE) management application or to locally update or restore the system BIOS.
- Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows or Microsoft Windows Vista environment.
- Create a CD image to upgrade/restore system BIOS.
- Adds a "Bypass F1 Prompt on Configuration Changes" option to the BIOS F10 Setup Utility. Enabling this option allows the system to boot without pressing F1 at the prompt during Power-On Self-Test (POST) time if the system configuration changes. The system still stops if an error or a critical warning occurs.
- Adds a "S5 Maximum Power Saving" option to the BIOS F10 Setup Utility for some configurations. Enabling this option reduces the power required for the system as much as possible when the system is in the Power Off (S5) state. While in the S5 state, power is removed from the wake-up circuitry, the expansion slots, and any management features.
- Adds the capability to update a microcode patch from the Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Adds support for full-speed hubs with endpoint numbers that are greater than 1.
- Fixes an issue where incorrect fan information was inadvertently getting reported.
- Upgrades the Computrace Option ROM to version 887. This upgrade fixes an issue where the system may stop responding (hang) or experience a "blue screen" event during the installation of a Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System if Computrace is activated prior to the installation.
- Fixes an issue where the system stops responding (hangs) while Microsoft Windows is loading if keys are pressed and multiple keyboards are present. The BIOS now checks USB UHCI controllers for ownership changes or a halt state before attempting runtime device enumeration.
- Fixes an issue where the Drive Protection System (DPS) Self-Test is not completing on SSD drives.
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
FamousWhy.com is your daily source for keeping your computer up-to-date with the most recent drivers and software. We strongly recommend you to stay updated to avoid a lot of problems like system crashes and others.
Don't forget to set a system restore point before installing a device driver.
HP Compaq Business Desktop 786E4 BIOS 1.12 Rev.A is a Free. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Free mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using HP Compaq Business Desktop 786E4 BIOS 1.12 Rev.A, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
HP Compaq Business Desktop 786E4 BIOS 1.12 Rev.A comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.