This package contains the System BIOS image (BIOS Family 786D6) and local and remote BIOS flash utilities for the HP xw9400 Workstation.
System BIOS is operating system independent.
The following enhancements have been added to BIOS version 04.02 since version 03.13 (SP42235) was released:
- Adds support for new AMD Opteron Processors.
- Enables faster HyperTransport frequencies for the AMD Opteron Processors that support them.
- Adds an option to the Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility (F10) to disable higher HyperTransport frequencies. Maximum HyperTransport frequencies are enabled by default.
- Includes OEM activation support for future Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Updates the AMD AGESA reference code to version 22.214.171.124.
- Adjusts fan speed control for configurations that include 2-GB memory DIMMs.
The following enhancements have been added to BIOS version 03.13 since version 03.12 (SP41376) was released:
- Updates fan control settings for NVIDIA FX5800 Graphics Cards.
- Updates fan control settings for configurations with 2-GB DIMMs and 2300-series processors.
The following enhancements have been added to BIOS version 03.12 since version 03.06 (SP40680) was released:
- Adds support for AMD Opteron 2300 Series Revision C2 Processors.
- Adds a menu option to Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility (F10) to disable the boot progress display.
- Updates the AMD AGESA reference code to version 126.96.36.199.
- Adds fan control support for the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 Graphics Solution and a follow-on video adapter.
The following fixes have been made in BIOS version 04.02 since version 03.13 (SP42235) was released.
- Corrects the sense of the Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility (F10) option that controls AMD Virtualization Technology. In BIOS versions 03.12 and 03.13, with AMD Opteron 2200-Series Processors installed, selecting Enable would disable virtualization, while selecting Disable would enable virtualization.
The following fixes have been made in BIOS version 03.12 since version 03.06 (SP40680) was released:
- Corrects the fan control for liquid-cooled configurations.
- Separates Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) enumeration type values with commas to improve compatibility with some software.
This SoftPaq includes the following methods for changing the BIOS version:
- Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista environment.
- Use the utilities in this package to flash the BIOS in a DOS environment from bootable media.
- Use the ROM images in this package with the Computer Setup Utility (F10) to flash the BIOS from a USB flash drive, diskette, or CD media.
This package can be used with System Software Manager (SSM), HP Client Management Solution (HPCMS), or preboot execution environment (PXE) management software for remote updating of the BIOS.
WARNING: DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR ATTEMPT TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER DURING THE UPGRADE PROCESS!
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: If remote flashing is required, refer to the remote utility documentation for instructions about creating a Remote ROM Flash job to flash the System ROM on target workstations on the network.
Our editors are focused on always having the most recent driver versions at FamousWhy.com
We strongly recommend you to periodically check our site in order to get the newest version available online. We also offer a large variety of software from categories as: Windows, Mac, Linux, Scripts and so on.
Don't forget to set a system restore point before installing a device driver.
HP xw9400 Workstation BIOS 4.02 Rev.A is a Free. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Free mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using HP xw9400 Workstation BIOS 4.02 Rev.A, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
HP xw9400 Workstation BIOS 4.02 Rev.A comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.