Unfortunately, today it is extremely hard to find a safe "place" to store your sensitive or important data (such as passwords, user names, PIN codes, card numbers, contacts, phone numbers, etc). If a computer is connected to the internet (even for a few seconds) it is possible for someone to connect and steal this important information.
Finding powerful and safe software to protect your data is also quite complicate from two reasons: cost and security. The most powerful applications are extremely expensive and, in most of the situations are not justifying this cost. On the other hand, there are some cheap products (even some free ones) but these can't guarantee a strong security.
We also have KeePass Password Safe, a software that was able to find a balance between price and performance. Let's see some of its key features for a better understanding of what KeePass Password Safe can provide.
- Powerful security system. KeePass Password Safe incorporates the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithms to encrypt its password databases.
- Multiple user keys. You can use a default key-binding system or you can set your own keys
- KeePass Password Safe is a portable solution and because of that, no installation is required.
- KeePass Password Safe supports every major windows platform: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP (Home & Pro, 32-bit & 64-bit), 2003, Vista and Windows 7.
- The password list can be exported to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML and CSV.
- The user can import from various files formats. KeePass Password Safe uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes like Password Keeper and Password Agent. Exports from these programs can be easily imported to your KeePass databases.
- Simple database transfer
- Supports password groups. The user can open, edit or delete entire groups of passwords.
- KeePass supports time fields: creation time, last modification time, last access time and expiration time.
Why is KeePass Password Safe famous?
KeePass Password Safe is famous because it is one of the few powerful security applications able to offer a good quality with limited costs. The entire encryption system is based on the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithms to encrypt its password databases and the results are amazing. KeePass Password Safe is one of the best choices to protect your sensitive and vital data.
Publisher: Dominik Reichl
Tags: password manager, password safe,