The Midi Drawbars was developed to be a VST midi processor aimed to dramatically change the sound of your VST instruments the same way in which the Hammond organ's drawbars change the sound of a pure sine wave.
Each drawbar adds to the note(s) you play another note at a specified interval, whose velocity ratio to the note(s) you play depends on how much you pull out the drawbar (steps 1 to 8):
- the 16' drawbar adds a note one octave below (e.g. C2 if you are playing a C3);
- the 5-1/3' drawbar adds a note one fifth above (e.g. G3);
- the 8' drawbar represents the note(s) you play (e.g. C3);
- the 4' drawbar adds a note one octave above (e.g. C4);
- the 2-2/3 drawbar adds a note one octave and a fifth above (e.g. G4);
- the 2' drawbar adds a note two octaves above (e.g. C5);
- the 1-3/5' drawbar adds a note two octaves and a third above (e.g. E5);
- the 1-1/3' drawbar adds a note two octaves and a fifth above (e.g. G5);
- the 1' drawbar adds a note three octaves above (e.g. C6).
If you move the "Organ/Notes" switch to its right position (Notes) the "pipe length" numbers, typical of the Hammond drawbars, are substituted with the note name created by each drawbar while you are playing a C3 note.
Only comparing the poorness of a pure sine wave with the complexity and the richness of an Hammond organ sound you can imagine how Midi Drawbars could add harmonic richness to any of your VST instruments' sound.
Midi Drawbars comes with some drawbars settings, but you can create your own settings and save them in each one of the 128 memories (programs).
Moving the "Original/Drawbars" switch you can always compare the original sound with the modified one.
Open it in your VST host application, connect the host midi input to the Midi Drawbars' midi input and its midi output to the midi input of a VST instrument.
You can use your midi keyboard's nine sliders or knobs, set to send CC messages # 12 to 20, for moving the drawbars and a button sending CC message # 21 for moving the "Original/Drawbars" switch.
Midi Drawbars is a Demo. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Demo mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using Midi Drawbars, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
Midi Drawbars comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.