FamousWhy Editor: Paul's Editor 2 is an easy to use Multiple Document Interface (MDI) editor written in the Java programming language.
Being written in Java, Paul's Editor 2 supports all the operating systems that can run a Java Virtual Machine (at least version 1.5). So, if you run it on a Mac OS, beside the standard Mac bar menu from the top of the screen, you will also have the full menu and the toolbars on the main application frame.
Paul's Editor 2 supports access to Oracle databases via Java Database Connectivity (JDBC). JDBC is an API for the Java programming language that defines how a client may access a database. You have three panels to manage the Oracle database:
- Log in panel allows you to connect to one database at a time.
- Query panel allows you to issue one query at a time against the database.
- Query results panel allows you to view the query results and save them.
Paul's Editor 2 can secure your files with encryption. The software will zip up your files into a secure archive using a pass phrase. If you want to decrypt the files, you need to type again the same pass phrase.
Paul's Editor 2 also contains a "word score game". Scoring is based on a pre-determined value for each letter in a word.
The editor has the entire list of features needed for a complex MDI editor. You can edit multiple files at once or you can tile or cascade the opened files. You may drag and drop files onto the editor to open them. When dealing with text, you can 'cut', 'copy' or 'paste', 'find', 'find next' or 'replace' text and 'undo' or 'redo' actions.
You can even change the Editor's look and feel, font, foreground and background colors, and save your preferences for later use. Paul's Editor supports full file printing, print preview, page setup and print preference capabilities.
- Built-in java web browser - note that this is a primitive browser that renders straight HTML only (no CSS or scripts). Can view currently edited file in the browser if it contains HTML.
- Multi-threaded application that will not block you from editing your files while it is working in the background.
- Full logging to both the console and a log file using Log4J. You can view the log file from the editor.
- Manage local and remote JBoss application servers - ability to start or stop servers.
Why is Paul's Editor 2 famous?
Paul's Editor is famous because it is a free and easy to use MDI editor, which works on all operating system.
Paul's Editor 2 2.2 is a Donationware. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Donationware mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using Paul's Editor 2 2.2, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
Paul's Editor 2 2.2 comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.