PictMatch is a picture comparator which can help you easily identify and optionally remove duplicated pictures, even if they are not exactly equal. It is highly configurable, so you can always make it fit your needs. Files can be compared exactly (byte to byte) or by similarity (approximate match).
The exact comparison is extremely fast, while the similarity comparison lets you identify photos that are visually equal, but differ in compression rate, format, resolution, contrast and so on.
You can compare images regardless of their extension (e.g. *.jpg compared to *.png). When detecting a match by similarity, the program is smart enough to try to keep the pictures with better resolution, contrast, size, colors - it's up to you because you will set up the decisions PictMatch will take (from 'Options' - 'Decisions' tab).
You can maximize the matches window, to see the photos side by side with better resolution. You can also zoom the photos for a maximum detail. When zoomed, photos can be scrolled to allow seeing any part of them.
When PictMatch finds some duplicate files it can move them into a folder or simply delete them, or it can rename the files with a desired prefix, suffix or with a custom extension.
Based on the results of the comparisons, the program can execute the indicated actions immediately or write them to a BAT file, for later execution.
- Two methods of comparing pictures (exact and by similarity).
- Compares picture files across different folders, recursively or not.
- Compares files of different formats, different sizes and different resolutions.
- Duplicated files can be erased, renamed, receive a new extension (default) or moved to a user-defined directory.
- Optionally can ignore parts of the pictures (e.g. logos) when comparing by similarity.
- PictMatch can even compare color pictures to black and white ones
- When detecting a match, PictMatch by default tries to keep the file that has better resolution or better contrast (in similarity mode), but you can change this, if you want.
- You can configure up to six exclusion areas of the pictures (overlapping or not), in order to detect matches regardless of logos and subtitles.
- Can automatically group visually similar files in separated subdirectories, making it easier to organize them later
Limitations: 30 days trial version
Requirements: Windows 98, NT, 2000 or XP and at least 128Mb of RAM.
Why is PictMatch famous?
PictMatch is famous because it is a great picture comparator, easy to use and highly configurable.
Publisher: Droid Informatica Ltda
Tags: identical pictures, matching pictures,