A web designer knows how difficult is to keep track of all possible aspects when you write down a HTML or CSS code. Even a small website (several pages) should contain a few hundred lines of code. Usually, text errors are easy to identify but not all errors are displayed by a standard HTML editor. On top of that, applications like this can be quite expensive.
PSPad comes with a simple yet viable alternative. PSPad is a small, powerful and useful application that allows you to work with plain text.
PSPad incorporates various formatting functions, including a spell checker, it allows you to create web pages (as web authoring editor PSPad contains many powerful options to save you time, use a good IDE for you compiler), integrate external help files, catch and parse compiler output, compare versions, etc.
The best way to learn more about this tool is by checking some of its core features.
Here is a short list with the most important tools and options available in PSPad:
- Work with projects
- Save desktop session to later reopen all open files
- Macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- Text difference with color-coded differences highlighted
- Installation contains templates for HTML, PHP, JScript, Pascal, MySQL, VBScript, Perl, MS-Dos, etc.
- User-defined highlighters for exotic environments
- Intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
- Call external programs, different for each environment
- Color syntax highlight printing and print preview
- Integrated free version of top CSS editor TopStyle Lite
- Column block select, bookmarks, line numbers, etc.
- Line sorting with ability to sort on defined column, with option to drop duplicates
- Code explorer for Pascal, INI, HTML, XML and PHP
- Internal web browser with APACHE support
- Work on several documents at the same time (MDI)
- FTP client - you can edit files directly from the web
- Search and replace in files
- Templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates, etc)
- Syntax highlighting auto set by file type
- Auto correction
- Full HEX editor
- External compiler with catch command output, log window, log parser for each environment for "IDE" effect
- Integrated TiDy library for formatting and checking HTML code, conversion to CSS, XML and XHTML
- Export with highlight to RTF, HTML, TeX format into file or clipboard
- Reformat and compress HTML code, tags char case change
Why is PSPad famous?
PSPad is famous because it is a small, powerful and useful application that allows you to work with plain text.
Publisher: Jan Fiala
Tags: syntax highlighter, hex editor,