QuillPad is a simple and easy to use text and code editor. This software was developed using Java language. Beside the standard text editor options (cut, paste, copy, open, save, etc), QuillPad comes with several advanced options like find and replace, HTML, XML, JAVA editors and source code for C++, C, JAVA and other compatible languages.
For a better understanding of what QuillPad can provide, let's see some of the most important features available in this software:
- Multiple Document Interface
- Document modified indicator
- 14 Languages out of the box including English, French, German, Greek and Chinese
- Everaldo's Crystal Project Icons: available under LGPL (GNU Lesser General Public License)
- Change tab size between 1 and 9 (Default is 4)
- Lowercase, Inverse Case, Uppercase, Title Case and Sentence Case functionality
- Find and Replace (supporting Regular Expressions and a Multiple-Document Find & Replace mode)
- Support for QuillPad Plug-in Tools
- Preferences within User Home Folder (default) or locally using -local command line switch
- Available in its own Java-based installer
- Open and Save platform default, Unicode including UTF-8 (QuillPad Default), Latin 1, ASCII and other document formats using UNIX, Windows or Mac OS 9 line endings
- File Read-Only detection and handling support
- Java Look And Feel, native Operating System Look And Feel (when available) and a list of other available Look And Feels
- Change text box background color and font name, color and size
- Save window size and position
- Go to Line goes to line and column
- Help Browser displaying help from LSM/RDF format
- Check for updates feature
- RDF Powered: preferences, language files, help files
- Available in a Windows Installer for Microsoft Windows adding desktop and menu shortcuts and an entry to the 'Add or Remove Programs
- Mac OS X Edition taking advantage of Mac OS X's application menu and .app bundle features and available in an Apple Disk image (.dmg); recommended for Mac OS X.4 Tiger and higher users over the cross-platform edition.
Why is QuillPad famous?
QuillPad is famous because is a simple and easy to use text and code editor that comes with several standard features (copy, cut, paste, open, save, etc) and some advanced tools (find and replace, HTML, XML, JAVA editors and source code for C++, C, JAVA, etc).
Publisher: Peter Davison
Tags: text editor, code editor,