ReNamer is a very powerful and flexible file renaming tool, which offers all the standard renaming procedures, including prefixes, suffixes, replacements, case changes, as well as removing contents of brackets, adding number sequences, changing file extensions, etc.
ReNamer has an intuitive graphic user interface. On top of the main window you find the 'File toolbar' (Controls field) from where you can add files and folders, preview and rename them. Beneath the 'File toolbar' there is the 'Rules Area' (Processing field) where you will create renaming rules. Under this area you will find the Files Area with the Input field and Output field, where you will see two lists of files with the current names and the future names.
ReNamer allows you to combine multiple renaming actions as a rule set, applying each action in logical sequence, which can be saved, loaded and managed within the program. There are 13 rules available for changing the file names:
1. Insert - used to insert new text into the name
2. Delete - used to delete existing text from the name
3. Remove - more delete text options
4. Replace - used to replace existing text with new text
5. Extension - used to change the "dos" file extension
6. Strip - used to remove specific characters (digits, symbols, etc.)
7. Case - used to change the letter case (upper case, lower case, all upper case, invert case, first letter capital)
8. Serialize - used to add sequential numbering to the file name, starting with any number you want and increasing with the desired value
9. CleanUp - used for specialized remove or replace, cleaning a file name of brackets
10. Translit - used to transcribe characters from one language to another
11. RegEx - Regular Expressions = special search tools (see Help)
12. PascalScript - used by programmers to enter programming code, thus program their very own renaming rule
13. UserInput - used to enter individual "one of a kind" file names
In addition, ReNamer has the ability to rename folders, process regular expressions, and it supports a variety of meta tags, such as: ID3v1, ID3v2, EXIF, OLE, AVI, MD5, CRC32, and SHA1.
System Requirements: Windows 9x/NT/XP/2003/Vista.
Why is ReNamer famous?
Renamer is famous because it is a very powerful and flexible file renaming tool, offering all the standard renaming procedures, doing its job very fast and really good.
Publisher: Gordon Sweet
Tags: rename files, rename folders,