StarStrider is more than a simple software. It is a powerful software planetarium that is using the latest 3D technology to show you more than 100.000 stars, satellites and planets (with the possibility to extend this database up to 2 million).
StarStrider is great for learning, for relaxation or if you want to simply travel between stars and see how our Galaxy is structured. The user can see not only the stars, planets or satellites but cloud clusters, supernovas, nebulae, planet remains, meteorites and much more.
StarStrider brings some interesting and useful features. Let's have a short look over the most important ones for a better understanding of what StarStrider can offer:
- Contains the full Hipparcos database of more than 100.000 stars (118 218 stars to be more accurate) plus optional database of 2 million more stars. All these stars can be displayed in true 3D.
- A special tour of 30 major satellites is included with the program.
- The user can visit all of the 9 planets of our solar system and learn more about them.
- Visible extent when you get close enough to a star.
- View a large selection of galaxies, star clusters and nebulae drawn from a variety of catalogues.
- StarStrider comes with several star rendering modes: from simple points to saturated gauss bells with diffraction crosses.
- Includes a comprehensive database of common names for stars, constellations, galaxies, nebulae and planet surface features.
- Optional relativistic aberration and Doppler-shift effects.
- You can right click on any object to view more extensive catalogue information on it, including educative notes for some selected objects.
- The program contains highly detailed planet surface maps, as well as special maps for spectacular high lights, bumpiness, and cloud layers.
- Highly realistic rendering is possible.
- Use any DirectInput supported controller (joysticks, mice etc) for steering your star-ship - fully configurable controls.
- Optional relativistic aberration and Doppler-shift effects - travel in a true Einsteinium universe rather than in a Newtonian one.
- Beautiful interface
- Easy to use navigation system.
- Includes several educational as well as entertaining and beautiful tutorials.
Why is StarStrider famous?
StarStrider is famous because is a powerful software planetarium that is using the latest 3D technology to show you more than 100.000 stars, satellites and planets (with the possibility to extend this database up to 2 million).
Tags: 3D planetarium, explore galaxy,