SubDiv is a simple tool that allows you to manage and organize a folder content. However, SubDiv is still under development and because of that, the released version is quite limited. For example, the only way to organize folders is "by date" and that raises another problem: tons and tons of sub-folders, each with a different date.
A great idea is to add some filters possibilities. For example, it should be an option to organize files not only by date but by extensions as well: documents (doc, docx, txt, etc), music files (mp3, mp4, wav, etc), video files (avi, mov, mpeg, etc), images (gif, jpg, jpeg, bmp, etc), PDF documents (pdf) and so on.
However, SubDiv is not a bad application, in fact is quite a useful one.
It is great for a folder like "downloads" where everything you download from the internet (or local network) is stored. Using SubDiv, you will be able to organize all those files in just a matter of seconds.
SubDiv incorporates several interesting features. Let's have a short look over some of the most important ones:
- Multiple date formats
- Multiple work modes: update or constant monitor
- Optional sorting of subfolders themselves
- Multiple sorting methods: file extension, alphabetical, etc
- Optional recursive sorting of subfolders
- Independent website
- SubDiv is a portable application (no installation is required)
- Completely free
- It supports all major Windows platforms, including Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Lightweight application
- It can manage an unlimited number of files
- Intuitive and user friendly format
Why is SubDiv famous?
SubDiv is famous because it is a simple tool that allows you to manage and organize folders content.