FamousWhy Editor: THDDInfo is a nonvisual Delphi component which provides low level information about IDE, SCSI and ATAPI devices.
Delphi is currently known as Embarcadero Delphi; it was formerly named CodeGear Delphi, Inprise Delphi and Borland Delphi. It is an integrated development environment for Microsoft Windows applications. It utilizes a dialect of the Object Pascal programming language known as Delphi.
When analyzing a device, THDDInfo provides the driver type, the model sting, the firmware revision and the serial number. For IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) devices it can also provide the drive geometry (cylinders, heads, sectors per track), the LBA (Logical block addressing) sectors count, the drive size (nonformatted) and the Controller buffer size.
THDDInfo can use different methods for getting information about your devices:
- gimAuto determines OS, for Win9x proceed with gim9x, for WinNT with gimScsi, for Vista with gimZeroRights.
- gimNT uses DeviceIoControl and PhysicalDrive device to get information (WinNT platform only). Requires admin rights.
- gimScsi uses Scsi miniport driver (WinNT platform only). Do not require admin rights.
- gim9x uses direct port access (Win9x platform only).
- gimByname uses DeviceIoControl to send SCSIOP_INQUIRY command to the device (WinNT platform only). Requires admin rights. Support IDE, SCSI and ATAPI devices. You can use device name (e.g. "PhisicalDrive0", "Tape1", "CDROM3") or logical disc name (e.g. "C:").
- gimASPI uses ASPI API to get info about devices. ASPI is native for Win9x. On WinNT it is possible to use wnaspi32.dll delivered with Nero.
- gimZeroRights uses DeviceIoControl to send IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY to the device (WinNT and Vista only). Not requires admin rights.
- gimWMI uses WMI to get drive information.
THDDInfo can check the following IDE drives:
- IDE Primary Master;
- IDE Primary Slave;
- IDE Secondary Master;
- IDE Secondary Slave;
- IDE Tertiary Master;
- IDE Tertiary Slave;
- IDE Quaternary Master;
- IDE Quaternary Slave.
THDDInfo Supports Win9x, WinNT and Vista platforms.
Why is THDDInfo famous?
THDDInfo is famous because it is a useful software that can provide various information about IDE, ATAPI and SCSI devices.
THDDInfo 2.3 is a Freeware. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does Freeware mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using THDDInfo 2.3, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
THDDInfo 2.3 comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.