FamousWhy Editor: xMarkup is a text transformation utility for processing the text files. It uses a procedural language, with help of which any algorithms of text transformation can be implemented, although these procedural extensions are needed only in just a few cases.
It usually only needs to define start and stop marks for the searched text elements and describe templates of their transformation.
xMarkup can be successfuly used both for adding, altering or purging of any text elements in the source files.
With xMarkup you can:
• generate or edit the navigational cross-references within a set of html-documents;
• analyze and convert the structure and/or content of SGML/XML/HTML documents;
• edit text files in the batch mode;
• split or merge text files by specified rules;
• analyze and process text files;
• script generation;
xMarkup works as a kind of finite states machine. The instructions to the machine are defined by search conditions and transformation rules described in the script of processing rules. On the input is given a source text, on the output the results of its transformation are put.
Here are some examples of how text may be processed by xMarkup:
- HTML to plain text transformation
- Purging of empty lines
- Insertion of header and footer
- Markup of words in a sentence
- Purging of long spaces
- Merging of text files
- Reformatting of long lines
- Text Sorting
- Analysis of used markup
- Counting of lines
- Converting XML-data to CSV format
- Analysis of words frequency in a text
- Generation of SQL-script from CSV data
- Exchange of text values
- Generation of script to process a list of files
- Generation of content table for html-document
As Icon is a cross-platform language xMarkup utility may be used on any system, which supports Icon. Now Icon is available for the following UNIX systems:
- Linux x86/x64
- FreeBSD x86/x64
- SUN Solaris on SPARC
- Darwin and X for Macintosh
- CygWin for Windows
Why is xMarkup famous?
xMarkup is famous because it's one of the most complex text transformation utility for processing of a set of text files, with lots of applications.
xMarkup 3.2 is a GPL. Please read this article and discover
what exactly does GPL mean.
Whether you're happy or not testing and using xMarkup 3.2, be our guest and let's solve all the problems related to this software together. Feel free to use:
xMarkup 3.2 comments section. No registration required! Please respect the general posting rules and do not abuse our system!
We strongly recommend you to use the following download manager, accelerator and duplicate file manager to avoid any downloading problems:NoClone
FamousWhy is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews and comments on this site.
All submitted content and ratings become the sole property of FamousWhy and may not be copied without permission.
We also reserve the rights to approve or refuse the written comments posted on FamousWhy within up to 48 hours.